Double Hung Windows
Eclipse double hung has the look and feel of wood windows from a by gone era. The Eclipse blends the ageless style and warmth of a wood interior with the convenience of E-Z tilt sash, a maintenance free aluminum clad exterior and the energy efficiency you'd expect to find in today's windows.
- Windows are custom built for a perfect fit in each opening.
- Tilt-in Sashes Both sashes tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Double-Pane Insulating Glass with Comfort+ glazing system includes LowE coating and argon gas.
- Exteriors are aluminum clad and don't need painting.
- The wood interior may be stained or painted to match any decor.
- Fully assembled unit slides easily into the window "pocket" created when the old window sashes are removed. Trim, paint, wallpaper, plaster and exterior surfaces are usually not disturbed.
- Continuous weatherstripping keeps air and water outside.
- Tilt-lock hardare performs both functions of lock and tilt in release. Combining these fuctions into one mechanism declutters the sash rail for a clean look.
- Advanced balance system makes raising and lowering either sash effortless.
- UltraView sliding half screen with extruded aluminum frames for longer life include an integral lift rail and positive seal bug flap.
Comfort Plus glass package uses two panes of double strength glass with Low-E protection and insulating argon between the panes. Protection from UV rays that can fade carpet, walls and furniture. SuperSpacer is a warm edge spacer featuring Polymer EPDM (Ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer) construction, dependably delivers high performance for insulating glass units, including excellent resistance to ozone, weathering, water and aging, while maintaining its flexibility through wide changes in temperature and barometric pressure.
The extruded aluminum frame is a spray applied PPG Polycron III finish meeting the physical test requirements of AAMA 2603. The roll formed sash cladding is a reverse roll-coat system using 70% Kynar resin, meeting the physical test requirements of AAMA 2605.
Tilt-Lock MechanismThe Eclipse2 features a combination tilt-lock system, where the tilt mechanism is activated by the lock and is concealed within the lock rail, eliminating the need for surface mount tilt release latches for a neat, clean appearance.